Saturday, May 17, 2008

Hi. It s been a while but browsing around the blog world gets you fired up again. I wanted to blog my real life experiences but part of me wants to remain anonymous. But like a great public speaker or a great stand up comedian, those who blog about themselves are those that appear sincere and touch our hearts. Im going for a vacation in the Philippines and suddenly every day is a little better, every difficult unenjoyable task gets lighter, because it gets me closer to the day we can go back home and enjoy all true and familiar things. So what is it about the country that we miss, even while we are surrounded by all the best that money can buy here? Even if we drive around in an expensive car, (borrowed,of course), nothing beats my 8 year old compact car in RP. And the friends? Sisters and family and brothers and neignbors.I know you can make a home anywhere you find yourself with your husband and kids but if I had my way and didnt need to think of security and money terms, back to the old country I d go in a heartbeat. The journey continues and we carve our own paths. When we get back here, Ill start all over again, maybe in a new job, a new place, who knows? Being a nurse affords me the luxury of finding a job anywhere and anytime. In the meantime, pack those spams and soaps and towels for pasalubong and get ready for some serious fun in my hometown.

No comments: